Active Again is a proven IRC performer and excellent platform for racing either inshore or offshore. Currently set up for CAT 1 offshore racing, this is a turn-key racing yacht ready for her next owner.
No expense was spared in the original specification of the yacht which includes all carbon/ Nomex construction, Southern Spar’s mast and boom package and all Harken deck gear, winches and hydraulics.
Latest owners have worked meticulously through the yachts systems to ensure all is operating or updated to suit offshore requirements. She is all set and ready for Sydney to Hobart Race!
– Hull and deck shells constructed from carbon prepreg and Nomex honeycomb core. Core cell foam in the slamming region as specified by design engineers.
– Bulkheads and longitudinal constructed from carbon prepreg and Nomex honeycomb core.
– Secondary structures including galley, head vanity & toilet base, cabin soles, lockers, navigation table in lightweight infused epoxy panels using E-glass cloths and structural PVC foam. Galley, navigation, saloon table and vanity working tops finished in high gloss clear coated carbon.
– Chain plates, backstay and forestay fittings in carbon integral with primary structures.
– Companionway hatch under deck sliding in carbon
– Carbon bowsprit with twin tack line exit at forward end.
– Carbon mast collar
– Painted hull shell topsides in gloss Awl Grip oyster white with blue and yellow livery
– Hull bottom in epoxy primer or hard antifoul. Fully re-surfaced in 2019.
|Draft||2.52 - 3.53 m|
- Reference Number
- Active Again
- Humphreys Yacht Design
- Humphreys 54
- $ 400,000
- Brisbane QLD, Australia
- Vessel Name
- Active Again
- Launch Year
- 4.41 m
- 2.52 - 3.53 m
- 9.300 kg
- Keel / balast
- Hydraulic lift keel. Machined High tensile steel keel fin and lead bulb.
- Humphreys Yacht Design
- Hakes Marine NZ
- Registration Number
- Engine Make
Yanmar 4JH4 75hp engine with SD50T sail drive
- Fuel Capacity
- 120 l
- Fuel Type
- Folding two blade
- Deck gear:
- Harken fit out for all hardware such as tracks, blocks etc
- Spinlock jammers for halyards, mainsheet, and spinnaker sheets
- Custom stainless-steel stanchions, pulpit and Pushpits
- Large Lewmar forward hatch
- Some Winmar blocks for high load applications such as mainsheet turning block etc.
- Underdeck spinnaker sheet leads with custom in-deck turning sheaves
- Custom soft padeyes
- Large composite spray hood for companionway (removable)
- Composite helmsman platforms
- Harken winches and pedestal/ underdeck drive system to drive primaries, mainsheet and pit winch with added Overdrive function.
- 2 x Harken 650 primary winches
- 2 x Harken 650 ST mainsheet winches
- 2 x Harken 650 ST Backstay winches
- 1 x Harken 650 ST pit winch (starboard)
- 1 x Lewmar 40 ST 2-speed winch (port)
- 2 x Harken MPX carbon grinding pedestals
- Various covers including boom tent, mainsail cover, deck covers plus loads of spares to be audited during buyer due diligence period.
- The interior of the yacht is painted in the midships areas. Bunk front/ tops create storage areas along the length of the interior accommodation space, and 6 x alloy framed pipe costs are mounted on each side to sleep crew.
Forward and aft ends are clear carbon finish.
The galley is alongside the mast to starboard and is fitted out as follows:
- Lightweight wire frame gimballing gas cooker with 2 x burners and gas canisters
- Integral ice box in galley, insulated with 12v refrigeration.
- Large sink with FW outlet
-Storage lockers above with fabric zip-up fronts
Opposite the galley on the port side is further storage lockers. Forward of the mast bulkhead and to starboard is an enclosed head with manual flush toilet and handbasin. Opposite on the port side is a large hanging locker.
The navigation station with dedicated moulded carbon fibre nav seat is aft of the engine box and features an ergonomic arrangement for navigation and communication.
- Safety Gear
- Active Again is currently set up for CAT 1 safety and recently competed in the Brisbane to Gladstone Yacht Race (May 2021). Safety gear to be audited as part of buyer due diligence/ survey.
- Bilge Pumps
- 3 x electric Bilge pumps fitted and operational
- - 12V house electrical system with 240V shore power and 2 x GPO for running systems onboard whilst at dock.
- 3 x V-Max XTR-27 110 A/hr house Batteries (installed 3/2019)
- 1 x Optima Red 34R 50A/hr crank battery
- 16-breaker digital BEP Marine switch panel with battery status display
- 3 x battery switches, VSR smart charging relay
- LED interior lights and interior LED strip lights
- LED Aqua Signal Navigation lights mounted to bow and stern rails
- Projecta 20A battery charger, shore power cable and cockpit side, waterproof plug.
- 12V fans throughout cabin
- B&G H3000 instrument package. Details as follows:
- Carbon Vertical MH unit and speed/ depth sensors
- Heel sensor, compass, GPS etc
- 5 x 20/20 displays mounted in Alloy mast bracket
- 2 x FFD displays on Steering pedestals
- 1 x GFD display in Nav station
- 2 x 10/10 displays at backstay winches
- 2 x A&T MF displays in cockpit
- Simrad NSE-8 Chart Plotter with OP-40 on deck control
- Raymarine V30 Smart Auto-Pilot control and hydraulic actuator connected to quadrant
- Icom ICM-330 VHF radio
- Standard Horizon HX 870 Hand-held VHF
- Icom ICM-80 HF radio
- Class B AIS
- Sony CDX-H91OUI AM/FM/ MP3/ USB stereo
- Thrane & Thrane Sat phone
- Panasonic Tough Book laptop with Expedition software etc.
- Sail Inventory
- Pin head mainsail Doyle 2016
Delivery mainsail Evolution 2019
Squaretop race mainsail Doyle 2014
Trysail North 2011
Delivery Jib Doyle 2015
Jib Top Evolution 2019
J1 AP Doyle 2016
J3 Doyle 2012
J3 + Doyle 2013
J5 Doyle 2012
A0 Doyle 2014
A2 Doyle 2015
A3 Doyle 2014
A5 North 2011
Storm jib North 2011
Spin Staysail North 2011
Genoa Staysail Evolution 2019
- Mast Rigging
- - Southern Spars Carbon fibre mast with three spreaders and carbon EC-6 continuous rigging. Carbon rigging service completed 2019. Rod forestay and PBO backstays. - Halyard locks for mainsail, headsail and 2 x mast head spinnaker halyards - Carbon boom with 2 x Outboard end reef locks - All running rigging in good working order - Adjustable mast butt (fore and aft) and internal mast jack for rigging tension adjustment - Under deck halyard leads and internal turning sheaves to pit organiser - Harken mainsail track on back of mast and Harken ball bearing slider cars - Harken twin-groove forestay head foil - Carbon fibre bowsprit with 2 x tacklines and rod bobstay
- General Remarks
- Cradle: Steel transportation cradle with composite splashes to hold boat with or without keel, hot dip galvanised.
- Stripped old anti-foul from hull, faired and re-finished 2019
- Mast removed, stripped, all rigging serviced/ replaced, all other items - serviced 2019,2020,2021
- Mast re-wired and new MH wand fitted
- Electrical upgrades including proper 240V shore power input, breaker, charge and cable
- New Bilge Pumps
- Major engine and control service including refurbishment of heat exchanger 2021
- New Hydraulic boom vang 2020
- Lift keel system refurbished 2021
Disclaimer: Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure the accuracy of information provided, details are intended as a general guide to the vessel and its contents. Details are supplied by sellers and the accuracy of those details cannot be guaranteed by Vicsail.