Fidelis is a boat with a stellar and sound provenance.
Her story is well documented through several books and many articles. Her sparkling race record began in New Zealand, and then as the line honours winner of the Sydney to Hobart yacht race in 1966. The race winning performance continues to this day with harbour sailing, another five completed S2H races, many trips to Lord Howe Island, and races to the Solomon Islands, Tasmania, Queensland and NZ. Although her race record is important she is a very stable and safe ocean sailing yacht.
She remains a “Greyhound” but is equally at home in cruising mode and is an easily handled vessel!
- Reference Number
- 61 ft Classic Cruiser/Racer
- Hull Material
- Triple laminated Kauri with structural GRP sheathing.
- $ 585,000
- Sydney, NSW
- Vessel Name
- Launch Year
- 2.96 m
- 2.55 m
- 15,000 kg
- Deck Material
- The base ply is heavily glassed, decks are solid teak, cabin is Urethane paint.
- Keel / balast
- The solid lead keel is moderate and through bolted with bronze studs to the deadwood. Removed and refitted in 2005.
- Knud Reimers/Vic Speight
- Lidgard Bros New Zealand
- Registration Number
- Engine Make
- Yanmar 4jh3-TE
- Engine Hours
- Fuel Capacity
- 140 L
- Stainless shaft, 3-blade folding propeller
- 1 x Lewmar 40 self-tailing - runner
2 x Harken 60 2 speed self-tailing - secondary
2 x Harken 70 2 speed self-tailing – primary
1 x Lewmar 44 self-tailing – mainsheet
1 x Arco 40 self-tailing – halyard
4 x Lewmar 48 self-tailing – fitted to mast
- Ground Tackle
- 2 x anchors are included. Main anchor( 27 KG Plough)is stowed directly under Fwd hatch. There is an electric anchor winch for ease of use and appripox 50 metres of chain. A secondary anchor is included.
- Sail cover/ Cockpit Spray dodger
- Fidelis is a long and lean boat. The quality of the presents well and provides for a comfortable and conventional style layout; 1 x quarter berths with galley and chart table at either side of companionway. A “U” shaped dinette with leather cushions and bench seating opposite gives ample room for entertaining. There is a fully enclosed shower and head area with storage opposite. Forward again at mast area is a large double sized berth. What such a long boat then offers is a really good forepeak and sail management locker under a large deck hatch. Galley includes fridge and freezer, Gas Eno Ocean stove and oven, Hot Water system Esnell.
- Safety Gear
- There is safety gear to satisfy a current compliance with Australian Sailing Cat 1 Offshore for 10 crew, inclusive of lifetraft, jackets/harness’s, PLBS and PLDS.
- There are three house batteries running a 12 volt ststem foir lights and equipment. Also 1 dedicated x start battery for engine.
- Icom MF/HF Marine IC-M801E – new 2011
Icom – IC – M45 VHF Marine
B & G V7 – chart plotter
Raymarine ST60 Graphic + ST60 graphic – chart table
Plastimo Contest 135 compass
BEP gas detection system
Kelvin Hughes clock
GME G. Radio AM/FM - radio
New Navigation Instruments including
ST 60 Raytheon
Port – i60 wind analogue, i60 CH wind, i70 Multi + i50 depth
Starboard – ST60 compass, i50 boat speed analogue, ST60 Multi,
- Sail Inventory
- Main Sail NS 2013 full battens
Genoa #1 NS 2013
Genoa #2 NS 2013
Genoa #3 NS
Genoa #4 Doyle
Staysail NS 2011
Small Staysail NS 2008
Trisail NS 2001
0.9 OZ Kite NS 2019
2.1 OZ Kite NS
Cruising Main NS 2019
Yankee NS 2019
- Mast Rigging
- A custom white painted Hall Spar carbon fibre mast was fitted in 2008. The standing rigging is Nitronic Rod and all running rigging is current and well maintained. There are two Spi carbon poles. There is a Jockey pole. The Boom is painted Alloy. Mainsail handling is folded to the boom.
Disclaimer: Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure the accuracy of information provided, details are intended as a general guide to the vessel and its contents. Details are supplied by sellers and the accuracy of those details cannot be guaranteed by Vicsail.