Lass-O-Luss is a Robert Clarke designed sloop built by the famous Tasmanian boat builder Jock Muir.
Launched in 1948 in Hobart, Tasmania for prominent Australian offshore sailor John Colquhoun. She is constructed from Huon Pine and proved herself as a capable, ocean going yacht. Colquhoun raced ‘Lass-o-Luss’ in five Sydney to Hobart races between 1949 and 1960, before selling her to ocean racing legend Bill Psaltis in 1961.
Psaltis shipped the boat to Greece for a cruising holiday (1964-1965) then returned her to Sydney where he sailed her consistently out of the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia.
Her current owners have loving kept ‘Lass-O-Luss’ in good working order and enjoyed cruising her on Sydney’s idyllic waterway- Pittwater!
The topsides and hull below water line have been stripped, sheathed and re-painted. She is fitted with a 30 hp Yanmar engine which has been serviced regularly.
‘Lass O Luss’ has a lot of history and is a superb, classic sailing yacht.
- Reference Number
- Lass O Luss
- Jock Muir Huon Pine Sloop
- Hull Material
- Huon Pine over hardwood frames and plywood bulkheads. Hull has been epoxy and glass sheathed and painted white
- $ 65.000
- Newport, NSW
- Vessel Name
- Lass O Luss
- Launch Year
- 2.6 m
- 2 m
- 9000 kg
- Deck Material
- Plywood over frames. Epoxy and glass sheathed and non-skid painted. Cabin side varnished
- Keel / balast
- Timber and lead full keel with rudder
- Robert Clarke
- Jock Muir
- Registration Number
- Engine Hours
- 323 h
- 30 HP
- Fuel Capacity
- 40 L
- Fuel Type
- 3 blade propeller
- Stainless Steel pulpit, pushpit, 4 x SS winches in cockpit for sail handling, necessary deck blocks and genoa tracks.
Large timber forward deck hatch, 2 x deck vents with daurade boxes, timber handrails on cabin top.
- 2.8m Sirocco inflatable tender and Suzuki 2.5hp outboard
- Ground Tackle
- Manson 45lb (20kg) anchor, 50m of new chain and Muir electric windlass.
- Sun Awning for cockpit and full boat cover
- Typical layout for sailing yachts of her time. Lass-O-Luss has a V-berth
forward, small, enclosed head with Jabsco manual flush toilet and two aft
berths under cockpit. The central galley and navigation area accommodates
2 x Stainless Steel lined ice boxes, sink, storage space etc
- Safety Gear
- Lifejackets, life ring, and other equipment to meet Maritime requirements. Equipment to be audited at time of survey
- 12V elctrical system with 2 x 12V Alco lead acid 75amp batteries (house and
engine start replaced 6/2021). Battery isolation switches also fitted.
12V breaker/ fuse panel is mounted on the port side in the galley servicing
cabin lights, navigation lights, bilge pump, etc.
Enerdrive 80W solar panel with Victron MPPT converter also fitted to keep
batteries topped up whilst on the mooring.
- Sail Inventory
- North Mainsail and Headsail
- Mast Rigging
- Aluminium single-inline spreader mast with wire rigging. Aluminium boom and Selden Rod-Kicker vang. Forestay is fitted with Harken headsail furler. 2 x Seafast halyard winches mounted on mast for main and headsail.
- General Remarks
- Mooring lines, fenders, side boarding ladder, winch handles, some spare parts and rigging items
Disclaimer: Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure the accuracy of information provided, details are intended as a general guide to the vessel and its contents. Details are supplied by sellers and the accuracy of those details cannot be guaranteed by Vicsail.