A pilot house is only usually found on a much larger yacht, so to achieve this in just 47 feet is a real feat, let alone the feeling of space and light onboard French Bred!
Further to the design, Wauquiez is well known for building a good quality, safe and reliable cruising
yacht. French Bred is a great example and can be easily managed by a couple across oceans or
simply out for a day sail!
The interior layout is comfortable and very functional, a great package and well worth further
- Reference Number
- French Bred
- Wauquiez 47
- $ 470,000
- Vessel Name
- French Bred
- Launch Year
- 4,61 m
- 2,3 m
- 14,000 kg
- Keel / balast
- Lead Fin and bulb
- Berret- Racoupeau
- Engine Make
Yanmar 4JH4-HTE 110hp - monitoring on deck and in saloon
- Engine Hours
- 495 h
- Fuel Capacity
- 600 L upgraded from 380 L
- Fuel Type
- Onan 7MDKBL 7kw
- SS shaft and 3 blade Gori Folding propeller with over-drive
- Max Power 24V Series 124 tunnel thruster with separate battery pack
- The cockpit is set up to separate the sailing and relaxation areas. Twin helm station is aft with proper helm seats provide the skipper ample vision around the yacht and over the deck house.
Wheels, winches, instruments, and throttle controls are repeated on port and Stb helms and the Cockpit floor is finished in “old growth” teak.
All sheets and etc lead aft to this area aft of the main cockpit seating area and electric winches make single-handed sailing is easy. Two cabin top winches alongside the companionway control halyards.
Large cockpit table with integral teak folding leaves is positioned in the forward cockpit seats have cushions and backrests, and chart plotter is fitted at the aft end of the table for good vision from the helms.
Walking aft towards the opening transom there is a dedicated gas bottle storage and further storage areas under the aft seats. The transom door control is in the starboard locker, which lowers to
create a swim platform and access to the tender which lives on Stainless-steel davits. There is also a Stainless-steel BBQ and outboard bracket on the aft deck.
The entire aft deck is covered by a fixed Bimini linked to the targa and spray dodger and has closed sides for ultimate protection from the weather. The mainsail control is all on top of the targa meaning the cockpit is incredibly safe from any swift moving sheets! Cockpit lighting in the targa is another nice feature of the cockpit set up on French Bred!
The deck has a full perimeter low bulwark and good quality Stainless-Steel stanchions and rails so it is an incredibly safe platform for ocean sailing or for families. Side decks are covered in teak and Lewmar deck hatches are fitted throughout.
- Deck Gear
- - Harken deck hardware and 4 x Harken 44 ST Stainless Steel electric winches - 6 mooring cleats with bulwark fairleads - Foredeck and aft deck storage - Mainsheet system on targa over cockpit - Spinlock deck jammers - Deck shower with hot/ cold water and deck wash aft - Fold down swim platform, swim ladder - Stainless steel hand-rails on pilot house roof for safe passage forward
- Sirocco MX-310 inflatable tender with Tohatsu 9.8hp outboard engine. The tender is on Stainless-Steel davits for ease of use.
- Ground Tackle
- Sarca Plough Anchor and 60m galvanised anchor chain plus spare Lewmar Delta
- Bimini above helms and main cockpit. Full enclosed covers for cockpit. Dodger Removable Full sun covers for cockpit table, wheels etc.
- The accommodation area comprises of large deck saloon with galley and lounge/dinette surrounded by panoramic windows with Ocean Air Blinds, a large aft master cabin with ensuite and separate shower, forward guest cabin and third bunk cabin. Both forward cabins share a large ensuite with separate shower stall. The interior fit out is finished superbly in varnished teak timber in all areas and the saloon has suede
cushions. The floorboards are a dark Wenge and accents of this timber are featured throughout. Superb attention to detail with lighting throughout the yacht is also a feature.
The deck saloon accommodates the galley and main living space of the yacht as well as proper inside helm station with nav table and instruments. A two-seat lounge aft of the navigation area and adjacent to the dinette creates a great living and social area for drinks or formal dining via convertible dining table. The two seater can convert to single sofa if required. The salon seating area is extremely comfortable and covered in Alcantara fabric. Flat screen TV is mounted on the forward bulkhead and great storage including dedicated glass holders surround the saloon seating.
The generous owner's cabin positioned aft of the galley features a large double berth set up with lee-cloths for sailing at sea, lounge and small desk, great storage, and access to the large private ensuite with separate shower stall. The cabin is again finished throughout with varnished teak cabinetry and excellent lighting.
The forward guest cabin is well proportioned and features a large double berth, hanging locker and large side lockers for storage. There is further long-term storage under the berth.
The third cabin is a twin bunk set up to starboard. Perfect for extra guests, kids or storage as its used presently. The 2 freezer units have been cleverly installed in this cabin and alongside in the passageway is a Soba “Baby-Nova” washing machine. A second head with separate shower is to port to service these cabins and is the “Day head”.
All cabins feature opening hatches with Ocean Air blinds, fans, suitable lighting, 12V outlets for charging and suitable power outlets. All cabins also feature air conditioning with separate control, linen and lee cloths fitted to the beds.
- Air Conditioning
- 4 x Webasto AC units for salon, guest cabins and main cabin. Total 45,000 BTU
- Samsung Digital TV in Saloon. JVC stereo with Internal and external speakers.
- The galley is a few steps down to port and provides good workspace, storage with fore and aft orientation which is perfect for use at sea. Features include gimballing Eno Stainless Steel 3 burner gas stove and oven with custom cover to create more bench space when not in use, Sharp R-26ST microwave oven, Frigoboat fridge and freezer (separate units), under bench garbage bin, Stainless steel sink with cutting board lids and
addition of purified and salt water for wash up via foot pump. All crockery and cups etc are suitably stored in secure cupboard solutions to avoid damage at sea and all crockery is included in the sale. There is additional freezer capacity in the third bunk cabin (2 x Vitrifrigo freezer drawers).
- All Frigoboat 12DC Refrigeration. Units include: Main fridge in galley, fridge/freezer in galley, 2x large fridge/freezer drawers in starboard forward cabin
- Water Capacity
- 600 L in two tanks
- Water Maker
- Dessalator DUO100 12/220V 100l/hr unit with 53hrs
- Safety Gear
- Equipment to be audited during survey but includes general safety equipment fit for purpose such as lifejackets, fire extinguishers, flares, first aid kit, Dan Buoy etc.
- French Bred has a 12V/220V electrical system. A custom AC/DC switch board with tank monitoring controls most of the electrical system plus Mastervolt battery monitoring panel and inverter/charger control.
She also features a Mastervolt 12V/ 2500w inverter charger, 220V (AUD) outlets throughout, shore power for charger and 220V onboard. LED lighting throughout the boat including overhead lighting in cabins, saloon, galley and heads. Lighting in engine compartment. Reading lights in saloon and cabins. Floor level lighting throughout. LED Navigation Lights.
Batteries: All batteries replaced in last 12 months. 1 x engine start, 1 x genset start and 4 x 140A/hr batteries.
- Navigation Station: Forward and to port in the saloon is a generous nav station with all nav equipment properly laid out for easy use. With the remote pilot control, navigation from this location is easy as you have full view outside from the pilot house. All the electrical systems are controlled from this area as well as all communications.
Raymarine Electronics package with speedo, depth, wind, GPS, AIS inputs via Sea talk High Speed Network. Instruments include:
- 3 x Raymarine ST60 displays on deck
- 2 x Raymarine Pilot control on deck
- 1 x Raymarine ST60 display in saloon
- 1 x Raymarine Remote pilot smart controller mounted in saloon
- 1 x Raymarine 12” Hybrid Touch plotter in cockpit
- 1 x Raymarine 12” Hybrid Touch plotter in saloon
- Icom IC-M422 VHF radio
- Icom IC-M801E HF radio (No aerial)
- Raymarine Radar mounted on front of mast (note- not operational on new MFD’s)
- Sail Inventory
- North 3DL Furling mainsail and headsail.
- Mast Rigging
- Sparcraft Alloy mast with two sets of aft-swept spreaders and Facnor headsail furler. Forespar Leisure Furl Boom with boom brake fitted. All halyards and running rigging are complete for sailing, standing rigging is original.
Disclaimer: Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure the accuracy of information provided, details are intended as a general guide to the vessel and its contents. Details are supplied by sellers and the accuracy of those details cannot be guaranteed by Vicsail.