Exquisite designer Sunreef Catamaran
Designed and fitted out as the showpiece for the Cannes International Boatshow, In The Wind was hull number one Sunreef 58, successor to the popular Sunreef 62 model which sold in 35 units. She was built with the vacuum infusion technology and light-weight composite materials used in aviation and aeronautics. The layout is an exclusive owner’s suite, 3 guest cabins and 2 crew cabins. The owner’s cabin is located in the starboard hull and furnished with a king-size bed, desk, private bathroom. There are 2 VIP guest double cabins and the third guest cabin is equipped with bunk-beds – a perfect solution for kids. The large grid windows plenty of sun light into each of the cabins and perfect framed views from your bed. The main deck houses a completely equipped galley, living/dining-room and lower helm with navigation, communication and automatic pilot equipment. the total interior living space is 62 m2 (667 sq ft). The low draft means you can get in closer to your idyllic destinations.
5 Reasons to buy this boat
- Showpiece boat for the Cannes Boat Show
- Japanese inspired bespoke interior design
- 62 ft long and 32 ft wide! No shortage of luxurious lounging!
- Entertain, entertain, entertain..... and realax
- Sailing at its finest
|Make and Model||Sunreef Loft 58 Sail|
- Reference Number
- Loft 58 Sail
- Hull Material
- Vessel Name
- In the Wind
- Launch Year
- 9.27 m
- 1.6 m
- Deck Material
- FRP with Teak laid rear decks.
- Sunreef Yachts
- Registration Number
- Registration Expiry
- Engine Make
- Yanmar 4JH4 - HTE Replaced 2017
- No of Engines
- Engine Hours
- Eecond Engine Hours
- 110 hp each
- Fuel Capacity
- 1900 Lt plus 1000 Lt bladders
- Fuel Type
- Maximun Speed
- 10 Kt
- Cummins Onan X 2. 19MDKVB and 11MDKVB
- Twin Verifold 3-blade folding propellers 22”x15”
- 2 X Max power CT 225
- 3 Harken electrical winches, 2 manual
Furler: genoa and solent furlers: Profurl. Gennaker furler Facnor.
Dive equipment including tanks and compressor
2 x Paddle boards
- AB Model 16 ALX. (New 2017)
- 60 HP Mercury 4 Stroke (new 2017)
- Ground Tackle
- Quick Windlass with remote. Rocna Spade anchor with 100m chain. 2 Danforth spare anchors
- Interior layout sleeps up to 8 guests in 4 cabins, including a master suite, 2 double cabins and a children’s bunk cabin. She is also capable of carrying up to 3 crew onboard in a second bunk cabin aft and a forward single. In the master suite and both VIP doubles, the beds are arranged transversely with a view through the signature Sunreef large square grid portlights
Due to it’s 30 plus foot beam the yacht has enormous interior and exterior living spaces. The Bridge deck and helm incorporates a covered dining area and a surround of lounges. The vast aft deck has seating, dining and lounging and then a swim platform and tender deck beyond that. Inside an apartment size beautifully appointed lounge and dining area incorporates a forward navigation station and electronic helm. Every aspect of the boat can be monitored from this station.
Bathrooms: Each cabin has a highly finished ensuite, including the crew cabins. In all 5 bathrooms and 6 heads.
Saloon: The interior was custom-built in Japanese style. The veneers were refurbished in 2017. Exotic Wenge wood is combined with cream wall and ceiling upholstery and red Alcantara on sofas. Furniture door imitate sliding Shoji blinds and the checker floor pattern is inspired by Japan TATAMI mats. Air Conditioning is throughout the yacht with individual area controls including each cabin.
- Air Conditioning
- Aircon with individual area controls including each cabin.
- 40 inch LCD TV with DVD and Dolby Surround sound in saloon with speakers to cockpit and bridge sundeck
- A large U-shaped galley is off the saloon with easy access to the inside and outside dining areas. There is plenty of storage cupboards, a large Ariston oven with grill, a 4 burner Seimens gas hob and a stainless extractor with downlights and huge upright stainless fridge freezer with side by side doors. 2 dishwashers, Baumatic Wine Cooler, Samsung microwave and Vitrifrego Ice-maker. Double stainless sinks are set in dark stone benchtops. There are great views for the chef and the galley incorporates a servery to the dining area.
- Water Capacity
- 850 Lt
- Water Maker
- Sea Recovery
- Safety Gear
- 2 lifebuoys with lights, 1 danbuoy. Bilge alarms and Autorun Bilge pumps X 4. Fire extinguisher every cabin. SeaFire engine room FM200 system.
- Bilge Pumps
- 2 X Cummins Onan Generators. 19 MDKVB and 11 MDKVB. 220v system, 24 v service bank with inverter. Shore Power.
- Electronics / Navigation: Navtex NX700. 2 X Raymarine Hybridtouch plotters
Communications: Raymarine VHF, Icom HF M 8L2. Navtex NX700
- Sail Inventory
- Fully battened Main sail. 118 m2
Genoa 75 m2
Jib 35 m2
Gennaker 120 m2
This is a sailor’s yacht, she will manage 9 knots in 14 knots of breeze on a reach, in stronger breeze speeds of 10 or 12 knots are common.
- Mast Rigging
- Carbon fibre and epoxy resin mast fractional rig, height 27.3 m. Dyform shrouds. Canoe boom with boom bag and lazy jacks. Furlers for staysail, genoa and Asymmetrical spinnaker. The mast is mounted on the flybridge superstructure leaving the saloon free and allowing panoramic views. Running rigging replaced 2017
- General Remarks
- In the wind was launched in May 2011 in a premier in Gdansk, Poland before being shown for the first time at the Cannes International boat show. As such, there are many proud videos of this boat by Sunreef as well as reviews from the time.
or search, Sunreef 'in the wind'.
Disclaimer: Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure the accuracy of information provided, details are intended as a general guide to the vessel and its contents. Details are supplied by sellers and the accuracy of those details cannot be guaranteed by Vicsail.