Extremely quick inshore racer.
Wild Thing, Limit, Chutzpah and S.M.B 1-5 are just some of the pure race boats built by Hart Marine in Mornington ,VIC. Smooth Criminal is part of this proud tradition and like a lot of Hart boats came off the drawing board of the legendary Reichel Pugh design company. SC is speed and excitement personified, and routinely beats much larger yachts over the line and on handicap. The current owners have invested heavily in the boat during their ownership to keep her at the front of the fleet. The boat has a transport cradle with the keel retracting for shipping. The most recent upgrade occurred in DEC 2017 when ECthree rigging was added along with tensioning rams. The sail wardrobe is extensive and in good condition. SC provides high performance racing in a very manageable package. The boats AMS rating is 1.037 and was last anti fouled in Dec 2017.
For more information call Bill on 0417114372
5 Reasons to buy this boat
- Super fast and exciting.
- Capable of beating much bigger boats.
- Nearly new carbon rigging.
- Keel retracts for easy transporting.
|Type||Reichel Pugh Shockwave 36|
|Length||13m overall (11m Hull length)|
|Location||Sandringham Yacht Club, Victoria.|
- Reference Number
- Smooth Criminal
- Reichel Pugh
- Shockwave 36
- Hull Material
- Carbon Divinycell Comp.
- Sandringham Yacht Club
- Jetty Rd, Sandringham VIC 3191, Australia
- Vessel Name
- Smooth Criminal.
- Launch Year
- Deck Material
- Carbon Divinycell Comp.
- Keel / balast
- Steel fin with lead bulb. Carbon spade rudder with twin wheels. The wheels were added in 2014 along with Jeffa self aligning rudder bearings.
- Reichel Pugh.
- Hart Marine. Mornington, VIC.
- Registration Number
- Registration Expiry
- Engine Make
- Yamaha outboard.
The boats Yamaha 9.9HP engine is mounted in a well in the cockpit which is drained by venturi. When in the up position the engine produces no drag. The engine was serviced in 2018.
- No of Engines
- Engine Hours
- 400 approx.
- Eecond Engine Hours
- Fuel Capacity
- Fuel Consumption
- Fuel Type
- Maximun Speed
- 3 blade fixed prop on shaft.
- The cockpit is typical of a pure race boat. It is large and well laid out. The mainsheet traveller is near the transom and the main trimming position is just forward of the wheels. The spinnaker retrieval line runs under the deck and exits to the rear on the helm.
- Deck Gear
- The cockpit features 2 x Harken 40, 2 x 44 and 2x Lewmaar 40s winches. Forward of the halyard winches are 2 banks of rope jammers. The boat comes complete with Fenders, mooring lines, boat hook, bosun chair and bolt cutters.
- Ground Tackle
- 15lb with warp.
- Boom cover. Rope bags in cockpit and canvas storage below.
- 1 x open cabin.
- 2x singles.
- Air Conditioning
- Radio/Stereo with 2 internal and 2 external speakers.
- SC is a pure race boat so only has a small sink.
- Safety Gear
- Smooth Criminal is cat 5 ready and features the following. 2 x Fire Extinguishers and a Fire Blanket, inshore flare kit, Life Ring, 1x manual and 1x electric bilge pumps, portable emergency Nav lights, 5x lifejackets, 1x flashlight.
- Bilge Pumps
- 1 manual in cockpit and 1 electric.
- Life Raft
- Life Jacket
- 5 No.
- Standard inshore flare kit.
- Fire Protection
- 2 fire extinguishers and a fire blanket.
- The boats electrical system features one 12v battery combined with a shore power lead and charger.
- The boat features Raymarine Tack Tick wireless wind, depth and speed readouts. 2x additional readouts on mast. There is on-board WiFi with a performance computer hardwired to instruments for tablet connectivity. Horizon quest VHF radio.
- Sail Inventory
- The sail inventory features the following.
MAINS. Irwin square top scrim composite ( 2017 excellent condition ), Quantum square top main ( good condition ), 3x older pin -head mains.
HEADSAILS. Irwin No 3,4 and medium heavy ( good condition ). 3 older Irwin and North.
SPINNAKERS. Irwin general purpose assy, Irwin running assy, ( both are fractional ). North reacher code Zero on furler. ( all sails in good condition ). The spinnakers are dropped and launched through the forward hatch into a purpose made bag. The retrieval line exits the cockpit to the rear of the wheels.
- Mast Rigging
- The Applied Composites carbon mast features 3 x 32deg swept back spreaders. A new carbon boom was added in 2014. The keel stepped mast was refurbished in 2017 and re-rigged with EC three carbon composite rigging. Hydraulic rams were added to the base of the mast to tension the rig. A new masthead spinnaker halyard was fitted in 2018. The 2m long bow sprit is fixed.
Disclaimer: Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure the accuracy of information provided, details are intended as a general guide to the vessel and its contents. Details are supplied by sellers and the accuracy of those details cannot be guaranteed by Vicsail.