The Swan 48 has comfortable and safe cruising at her core, providing the perfect solution for owners looking for a mid-range Swan which truly reflects Nautor’s philosophy of quality and seaworthiness.
Sumatra is a lovely example of the popular Frer’s designed 48 range which where in construction from 1995 thru till 2002. 57 boats where constructed which was a huge success for Nautor’s Swan.
Sumatra is hull # 29 and is a 2- cabin layout with excellent interior space and comfort. She was originally delivered to a US client and the current owner purchased her in Newport RI in 2012.
Sumatra has had great adventure, sailing many ocean miles throughout the US, Europe, Caribbean, and Australia.
Recent upgrades such as new standing rigging make her an attractive option for the next adventurous owners!
|Price||$ 470.000 AUD|
- Reference Number
- Nautor's Swan
- Swan 48
- $ 470.000 AUD
- Sydney, NSW
- Vessel Name
- Launch Year
- 4.32 m
- 2.46 m
- 16.000 kg
- Deck Material
- Teak deck
- Keel / balast
- Fin and lead bulb
- German Frers
- Nautor's Swan
- Engine Make
Volvo MD-22 57hp (Serial number 5100701863)
- Engine Hours
- approx. 5000h
- 57 HP
- Fuel Capacity
- 300 l
- Fuel Type
- Max Prop 3 blade feathering
- Sumatra has a full teak deck, including on the coach roof and features forward and aft companionways. The aft cockpit is well protected by full size combings and substantial spray dodger and bimini with all sailing controls led to this area. Forward companionway also has spray dodger. A large single steering wheel with Elk-hide wrap is mounted on a pedestal positioned aft in the cockpit with Suunto compass, chart plotter and hydraulic sailing function controls in easy reach to
the helmsman. The centre of the transom seat opens outwards to create a large swim platform and there is a swim ladder plus fresh water hot/ cold shower.
All deck hardware is Harken with Lewmar winches. The deck layout lends itself perfectly to shorthanded, long range cruising.
Winches: All winches are grey, hard anodized alloy Lewmar winches as follows:
-Primary Winches: 2 x Lewmar 64 ST Electric
-Secondary Winches: 2 x Lewmar 64 ST
-Mainsheet winch: 1 x Lewmar 46 ST
-Halyard Winches: 2 x Lewmar 48 ST
-Traveller Winch: 1 x Lewmar 16 ST
- Apex 3m RIB with 2 x Outboards (2 and 8hp).
- Ground Tackle
- Lewmar Windlass with remote in chain locker forward and 30kg CQR Anchor, 60 metres of 10mm chain plus warp.
- Sun Awning for over boom to protect cockpit, cockpit cushions, canvas covers for steering wheel, deck hatches, interior cushions, boom cover etc.
- Sumatra is a 2-cabin layout with large central Saloon and galley offset to port and aft. The interior is typical Swan style and finished in Teak. The main saloon has a wrap-around leather sofa with dining table to port and 2 additional dinning
chairs to comfortably seat 6. A three-seater sofa is to starboard and outboard of the seating groups on both sides is storage and bookshelves. A Samsung TV is mounted on the mast bulkhead.
To starboard alongside the companionway is the navigation station which has a twin seat for the nav table, and all navigation equipment outboard. There is also a large storage cupboard for additional sailing equipment, cockpit table, jackets etc.
The saloon windows feature curtains all round to protect from the sun and provide privacy and main hatch has fly screen blind built in.
Forward Guest Cabin: This cabin is generously proportioned with a double bed and infill/ foot well for better access if required. There is a small sofa to read or relax, good storage and ensuite. Nice
lighting and interior fans are also fitted.
Aft Owners Cabin: The aft cabin on the 48 features full head room thanks to the raised deck between the cockpits and companionway access direct to the aft cockpit. This is fantastic feature for
when at sea, especially when its rough. The Queen sized, walk around bed is surrounded with great storage, bed side tables, fans, reading lights, excellent ventilation via portlights in front and side of cockpit and ensuite.
Access to the aft cabin is via the galley to port.
Bathrooms: 2 large bathrooms with handbasin in vanity, eye height storage, Vacuflush fresh water flushing toilets and good ventilation. Toilets are connected to Stainless Steel Black Water tank.
- 42” LG LCD TV mounted on mast bulkhead. Fusion MS-AV755 AM/FM stereo with Blue Tooth/ DVD/ CD player with Bose Cube saloon speakers and Fusion cockpit speakers.
- The galley as is typical with most Swan Yachts, is positioned fore and aft in the boat meaning its particularly good for use at sea.
Features include Twin Stainless-Steel sinks with salt and freshwater outlets, manual foot pumps for water, good refrigeration and large in bench freezer, Force 10 marine gimballing 3 burner gas stove and oven, range hood with light, microwave oven and good sized storage cupboards.
Drinkware/cutlery/crockery/accessories /appliances included.
- Engine driven/ 110V compressors for fridge and freezer. Front load, above bench fridge in forward section of galley and large under bench freezer with stainless steel baskets. Digital temperature displays in galley.
- Water Capacity
- 460 l
- Water Maker
- Sea Recovery Water maker- engine driven.
- Safety Gear
- CAT 7 Safety equipment onboard at time of inspection plus extra Offshore equipment including Zodiac 6-person Valise Life-raft, fire extinguishers, flares, grab bag. Note- all equipment to be audited at survey.
- Bilge Pumps
- Electric and manual
- Nautor’s Swan pride themselves on the systems installs on their yachts, and the electrical systems are incredible. The 48 has a 12/ 24 V DC system with a 110V AC system throughout with a 220V transformer for shore power/ battery charger etc.
Custom Nautor’s Swan switch board is located in the navigation station and provides user all fused breakers for comfort onboard.
There are 6 x (105A/h) gel cell type batteries for general service located in a ventilated GRP box under the saloon seating group. Separate 12V Start battery for engine and All charging via alternators on main engine or shore power.
Also fitted is a Heart Interface Freedom 25 Combi 2,500w Inverter/ Charger coupled with a Heart interface battery monitor and inverter control unit in nav station.
- Sumatra is fitted with a B&G Hydra 2000 navigation electronics package with display’s mounted in the aft cockpit, one FFD in the Nav Station and 3 x 20/20 displays on the back of the mast.
Other items include:
-Wind masthead unit, Speed and depth sensors.
-Simrad Auto pilot with 2 x AP26 control units.
-Furuno GP-32 stand-alone GPS.
-2 x Simrad NSS12 chart plotters, one in Nav station and one on steering pedestal.
-Northstar Radar Scanner positioned on radar post (not operational).
-Wempe Plath Ships clock and barometer.
-Icom VHF IC-M504 with DSC Class D.
-Icom MA- 500TR Class B AIS.
-Digital Yacht WL450 WiFi antenna. 4G internet TBC.
- Sail Inventory
- Sail Inventory has the boat well set up for coastal cruising or club racing, sails as follows:
- Mainsail. North Sails Carbon Spectra 2-reef 2016
- Headsail. Lidgard 120% overlap roller furling Spectra 2016
- Headsail. Light jib- race sail
- Headsail. J3 headsail with battens- race sail
- Genoa Staysail. Hanks onto inner forestay
- Asymmetrical Spinnaker x 2
- Symmetrical Spinnaker x 2
- Mast Rigging
- Sumatra is fitted with a Nautor Mast Head rigged, Triple In-line Spreader aluminium mast and Nitronic rod rigging. The mast has an Antal mainsail track and slider cars for the mainsail luff, upper and lower check stays, inner forestay (removable) and Harken MK II forestay headsail furler. Removable Alloy bowsprit is also inc in rig package plus all running rigging. The aluminium boom is set up for slab reefing and the boat also has a spinnaker pole. All standing rigging was replaced in January 2021 as well as an update of required running rigging and full rig service.
- General Remarks
Collapsible cockpit table.
Lee Cloths/ Lee boards for bunks and saloon sofas for sleeping at sea.
Dock lines, fenders, suitable spares.
Disclaimer: Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure the accuracy of information provided, details are intended as a general guide to the vessel and its contents. Details are supplied by sellers and the accuracy of those details cannot be guaranteed by Vicsail.