Spacious single level living Moody 45DS.
The Moody 45DS is a special yacht offering a single level sailing and living space, with three generous guest cabins and two ensuites. The innovation in design from Bill Dixon is seen throughout the yacht which has led to creating a very safe and reliable cruising yacht. Pisces is a great example.
Pisces is a luxurious, large cruising yacht which can be easily managed by a couple and will safely take you across oceans or simply out for a day sail!
These yachts do not come to market often in this part of the world, so a must-see boat!
5 Reasons to buy this boat
- Step through cockpit to saloon
- Easily handled for a couple
- Cruising in comfort.
- Electric winches.
- Huge, retractable sun shade
|Make and Model||Moody 45 Deck Saloon|
|Designer / Builder||Bill Dixon / Hanse Yachts|
- Reference Number
- 45 DS
- Hull Material
- New South Wales
- Pittwater, NSW, Australia
- Vessel Name
- Launch Year
- 4.57 m
- 2.04 m
- 13,600 Kg
- Deck Material
- Fibreglass/ Epoxy/ Core cell Foam vacuum consolidated composite
- Keel / balast
- L-Shaped Lead keel with stainless steel keel bolts
- Bill Dixon
- Hanse Yachts AG
Volvo D3-110 Diesel engine with hydraulic gear box.
Twin controls at helm stations and inside station. Engine start and monitoring on deck and in saloon.
Engine Hours: 1212 hrs
Generator: Fischer Panda PMGi 6000 8 KVA Diesel
Generator Hours: 176 hrs
Steering: Twin Wheel, twin rudder steering. Rudders are composite with alloy shafts
Drive Type: Stainless Steel shaft with 3 blade folding prop
Bow and Stern thrusters: Max Power drop down with toggle control at helm station
- The deck has a full perimeter bulwark complete with continues stainless steel handrail, so it is an incredibly safe platform for ocean sailing or for families. Side decks are covered in teak and main cabin has Lewmar flush deck hatches. Deck gear includes:
- Lewmar deck hardware and 2 x Lewmar 54 ST Stainless Steel electric winches
- 6 retractable mooring cleats
- Foredeck and aft deck storage
- Mainsheet twin system. Organisers
- Spinlock deck jammers
- Stainless steel side boarding ladder
- Deck shower with hot/ cold water
- Fold down swim platform, swim ladder
- Ground Tackle
- Stainless steel plough Anchor mounted on retractable anchor arm. Anchor locker is under the foredeck and houses a Lewmar windlass and chain locker with 60m of stainless-steel chain.
- Retractable electric Bimini (2018). Fixed Bimini above helms (2018). Removable Full sun covers for cockpit table, wheels etc and new windscreen cover.
- The accommodation area comprises of large deck saloon with galley and lounge/ dinette with all round panoramic windows with Ocean Air Blinds.
The centreline opening hatch and roof skylights provide excellent through air flow at anchor and the double sliding cockpit doors with integral wash board opens the whole salon to the cockpit.
Forward and below decks are three generous cabins and three bathrooms. The interior fit out is finished in varnished Mahogany timber in all areas and the saloon has white leather sofas.
The deck saloon accommodates the galley and main living space of the yacht as well as proper inside helm station with engine control, nav table and instruments. The galley fills the port side with a long Corian workbench adjacent to the oversize deckhouse windows.
To starboard is the extremely comfortable salon seating area with convertible dinning room table. At the aft end of the deck salon is a small storage area that accommodates the pop-up TV, Fusion stereo, Isotherm bar fridge, bottle cabinet and climate system controls.
The generous owner's cabin positioned forward offers multiple opening hatches and the centre line skylight with access to the private ensuite with separate shower stall. The owners cabin features its own TV and generous storage.
A second head with separate shower is to starboard. Two double guest cabins are also positioned on the accommodation level. The layout was chosen with the VIP larger guest cabin to starboard.
Both bathrooms have separate showers, Jabsco Electric/ FW flush toilets and are finished in Mahogany timber, stone bench tops with vanity top sinks and all stainless-steel fittings.
- Galley comprises of a large double sink facing aft, sunken, gimballing Techimplex Stainless Steel 3 burner gas stove and oven, Panasonic NNST6805 microwave oven, Isotherm double entry fridge and suitable cupboard and draw storage.
- Water Maker
- Spectra Newport 400 Mk II 64L/ hr
- Hot Water System
- 220V 40L Quick Nautic Hot water heater with engine heat exchanger
- LED lighting throughout. Overhead lighting in cabins, saloon, galley and heads. Lighting in engine compartment. Reading lights in saloon and cabins. Red Night light on companion way.
LED Navigation Lights
220V 40L Quick Nautic Hot water heater with engine heat exchanger
Victron Multi Plus 12V/ 3000VA/ 120AMP inverter charger, 220V outlets throughout, shore power for charger and 220V onboard and second inlet for Air Conditioning at dock.
Custom switch board with battery and tank monitoring
Batteries: 500AH house battery bank, separate engine and genset starter, 400AH bow and stern thruster battery banks.
- Electronics / Navigation: Raymarine Electronics package with speedo, depth, wind, GPS, AIS inputs via Sea talk High Speed Network. Instruments include:
- 2 x Raymarine ST90 displays on deck
- 2 x Raymarine Pilot control on deck
- 1 x Raymarine ST90 display in saloon
- 1 x Raymarine Remote pilot smart controller
- 1 x Raymarine E120w chart plotter in cockpit
- 1 x Raymarine E90w chart plotter in saloon
- Raymarine Ray90 VHF radio and A15650 Class B AIS Transponder
- Raymarine Radar mounted on front of mast
2 x Digital TV’s (Saloon and Master cabin), Fusion MS-RA70N stereo with Blue tooth, with Internal and external speakers.
- Sail Inventory
- North Sails Cruising 3 reef, fully battened mainsail and North Sails furling, self-tacking jib.
- Mast Rigging
- Selden Alloy mast with two sets of aft-swept spreaders and Selden boom with boom bag and lazy-jacks. All halyards and running rigging are complete for sailing.
Disclaimer: Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure the accuracy of information provided, details are intended as a general guide to the vessel and its contents. Details are supplied by sellers and the accuracy of those details cannot be guaranteed by Vicsail.