2012 MC38 One-design sailing yacht - 'SWISH'
The MC-38 needs no introduction. This successful one-design performance sailing yacht is the ultimate Sydney harbour racer and Swish is one of the finest examples available.
If you are looking for high performance racing in a manageable package, you couldn’t go past ‘Swish’. The current one-design class in Sydney is very strong and come together regularly for one design events including an annual National Championship. The MC-38 also fits in well to Super 12 racing.
Swish has a full time, professional maintenance program and benefits from a recent refit. This work was caried out at Mid Coast Shipyard in Newcastle and included a complete overhaul of systems and installation of latest one-design class rule upgrades. The hull was re-faired and painted and deck gloss and non-skid re-painted.
An exemplary inventory of North sails makes this a very attractive racing package.
5 Reasons to buy this boat
- Successful High performance sailing yacht
- Retractable bow sprit
- Carbon fibre mast
- All Harken deck gear
- Ultimate Sydney harbour racer
|Location:||Middle Harbour, Sydney|
- Reference Number
- Hull Material
- Middle Harbour, Sydney, Australia
- Vessel Name
- Launch Year
- Keel / balast
- T-Foil and bulb (1,600kg)
- Harry Dunning
- McConaghy Boats
- Registration Number
- Engine Make
Yanmar 2YM15 15hp diesel
- No of Engines
- Fuel Capacity
- Fuel Type
- Gori race folding. Sail Drive
- 2x Primary winches - 46.2 self-tailing Quattro
2x Mainsheet winches - 40.2 self-tailing
2x Backstay winches - 40.2 self-tailing
Retractable carbon built by McConaghy
2 x Carbon steering wheels
Carbon mainsheet trimmer foot bars, sealable/ sliding foredeck hatch, carbon tow rails and aerofoil stanchions.
- Deck Gear
- All deck gear is Harken, plus Spinlock jammers and some custom McConaghy hardware such as fairleads etc.
- Ground Tackle
- Foretress FX-16 alloy anchor, chain and warp
- Boom tent and bow cover, cockpit floor cover, lifeline covers, wheel covers, rudder, tiller, and instruments cover (for travel), hatch and washboard cover, dock bag, instruments bag, nav bag, safety gear bag. Betelon black mooring Lines 14mm x 8m and fenders, MC38 Keel off support cradle, all required hold down straps and protection for trucking
- Safety Gear
- All safety gear to be audited at time of survey.
- B&G H5000 sailing electronics with 3 x 20/20 mast displays and race display
Carbon fibre mast bracket for instruments
Icom VHF radio and LED interior lighting fitted
Shore power battery charger and heavy-duty shore power cable
- Sail Inventory
- All sails supplied by North Sails Australia.
3Di Mainsail B (club racing)
3Di Mainsail C (regatta racing)
3Di Light-Medium Jib A
3Di Light-Medium Jib B
3Di Light-Medium Jib C
3Di Medium-Heavy jib A
3Di Medium-Heavy jib B
3Di Medium-Heavy jib C
3Di Heavy weather Jib
Spin A1 B
Spin A1 C
Spin A2 A
Spin A2 B
Spin A2 C
- Mast Rigging
- Mast: McConaghy 38 Custom, 2 spreader, Fractional Rig. The mast is 2-piece (join just above 1st spreader) for transport. Enerpac Internal Mast jack and pump mounted in yacht, adjustable mast base Jib halyard lock is internal in mast at hounds, main halyard locks via Antal headboard lock 1 x jib halyard, 1 x spinnaker halyard (masthead) Running rigging- regatta set and club race set plus spares Brand New (Oct 2019) EC-6 Carbon Rigging Boom: McConaghy 38 custom boom. The outhaul is inside boom and 1 x reef line set up.
Disclaimer: Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure the accuracy of information provided, details are intended as a general guide to the vessel and its contents. Details are supplied by sellers and the accuracy of those details cannot be guaranteed by Vicsail.