The Clipper Hudson Bay 50 is a striking looking motor yacht, perfect for a short day trip or extened family cruises. Great use of space and clever layout make the HB50 a stand out in this size range.
Plan Sea is an excellent example of the HB50, she is a three cabin, galley aft layout and in superb condition throughout. The current owners have cruised the east coast of Australia and now use the boat almost exclusively on the Gippsland Lakes. Plan Sea is moored on a private marina berth at the owners residence and therefore she is extremely well maintained by a fastidious owner.
- Reference Number
- Plan Sea
- Clipper Motor Yachts
- Hudson Bay 50
- Hull Material
- $ 900.000
- Paynesville VIC 3880, Australia
- Vessel Name
- Plan Sea
- Launch Year
- 4.69 m
- 1.10 m
- 19,000 kg
- Clipper Motor Yachts
- Registration Number
- Engine Make
- Yanmar 6CX530
Engine Room: The engine room is located under the main saloon, with good access via cockpit hatch and stairs. The insulation throughout for sound and vibration is excellent and the engine room is very tidy. The space provides good access to all equipment and features 12V and 240V lighting, fuel tank site gauges, Reverso oil change system, and Sea Fire Auto fire suppression system.
Lazarette: The storage and machinery space under the cockpit floor in the HB 50 is amazing, and Plan Sea is very well set up with great access to steering system, Water maker, Dometic washing machine etc. Access is via a large cockpit floor hatch.
- No of Engines
- Engine Hours
- 1420 (November 2021)
- 530 HP
- Fuel Capacity
- 1892 L
- Fuel Type
- Cummins Onan 17.5 kw 220V/50Hz
- 4 blade S class CNC routed and balanced
- Side Power SE150/215 24V
- All deck equipment, rails, fairleads, cleats are high quality Stainless Steel. The all-around Stainless bow rail is mounted on an oiled teak cap rail.
The swim platform extends another few metres aft of the transom, an exceptional extension to the already large entertaining deck, as well as providing an excellent tender storage platform. Currently the hydraulic tender lift/ swim platform is not operational, and a tender davit has been installed.
Cockpit: The Teak laid to cockpit is a great space providing excellent protection from the weather in most conditions. The clever design of the cabin top extends well aft to create a mostly covered cockpit. A fabric “Euro Awning” with Stainless steel uprights to support it aft, extends beyond the aft seating group for additional protection. The area boasts ample seating, clever cockpit table that folds over to extend to sit 8 people for dinner, Kenyon BBQ (half grill, half plate), Waco fridge/freezer, loads of storage and access to the enormous swim platform.
- 3.3m Inflatable tender with 25Hp Yamaha engine
- Ground Tackle
- 60lb Stainless-steel anchor with new PWB 60m of galvanized chain, Auto anchor chain counter, 12v Muir electric anchor winch
- Breezeway window covers for front and side, Cushions covers for the cockpit, Aft Euro awning
- Plan Sea has a 3-cabin layout. Master cabin with ensuite. Two guest cabins; one on the portside and one on the starboard side. Additional head with freshwater toilet and shower.
The raised saloon and galley is a great space, flowing well to the cockpit via stainless steel framed sliding door, and Hopper upward swinging galley window, essentially opening the main thoroughfare for great access and connection. Being two steps higher helps with over all vision, especially for the skipper at the helm station to starboard. The cabin is finished with Afromosia timber finish, headlining panels finished in cream vinyl and leather sofas.
The salon features a U-shaped dinette which is forward to port. A great place to lounge, have a meal or relax as a passenger whilst underway. There is also a comfortable sofa aft of the helm station alongside the galley. The opening skylight is another great feature, letting in suitable natural light when required, and opens electrically. There is a blind and a fly screen.
- The main cabin is forward and is very large with an island bed. The finish is as per the rest of the interior and boasts great natural light from port holes and overhead hatches. This cabin features its own ensuite with enclosed shower, electric F/W flush Tecma toilet and ample storage. The port cabin is a superb space, complimented by the large hull windows. The cabin has direct access to the head with enclosed shower, has excellent storage and queen size bed. The starboard cabin is narrower and set up as a bunk cabin. This cabin also features the large hull windows, providing excellent light and feeling of proximity to the water. All cabins, including the main saloon benefit from indirect and overhead LED lighting, air conditioning, carpet, and suitable ports/ hatches for natural air flow.
- Air Conditioning
- Dometic Marine Air reverse cycle Airconditioning with following zones: 1 x 24,000 BTU saloon/galley; 1 x 12,000 BTU reverse cycle for master cabin and starboard cabin; 1x 9,000 BTU reverse cycle for port guest cabin.
- Fusion MS AV700 stereo with speakers, Samsung TV in saloon
- The galley is aft and to port and is provides the chef excellent facilities whilst still being connected to the rest of the boat. Plan Sea has Corian benchtops with Miele 4 plate electric cook top and oven, double Stainless-steel sink, Isotherm aft opening 12v fridge/ freezer, microwave, and great storage.
- Water Capacity
- 567 L
- Water Maker
- SK model SC600
- Safety Gear
- EPIRB, Life Jackets, Flares and V Sheet, Automatic/manual fixed installation firefighting system by Seafire, Portable handheld extinguishers in galley and each cabin, Fire blanket, CO2 detectors, etc. Equipment to be properly audited at Survey.
- Bilge Pumps
- Electric automatic 12V with float switches, 1x manual pump
- Life Jacket
- Fire Protection
- The Hudson Bay 50 has a 12V DC/ 240V AC electrical system. Both systems are controlled from the central
BEP switch board and monitoring panel located in the main saloon.
12V DC system powered by 2 x200 A/H House batteries, 2 x 200 A/H engine start batteries engine and 1 x 100 A/H
generator start battery (note- Bow thruster has standalone battery pack) for bow thruster and anchor windlass.
The AC system is activated via the Generator and Mastervolt Mass Combi 12/240 2000w Inverter. 240V GPOs are located throughout the cabin, and power the majority of major appliances onboard. Twin 15amp shore power cable connection allows for all AC loads whilst on the dock, including the operation of the air conditioning system. It also connects to New 40amp Ener drive Battery charger.
- The central helm station in the main saloon accommodates the navigation electronics. Plan Sea has been regularly updated and boasts an excellent Raymarine system which includes:
- Raymarine Hybrid Touch chart plotter with Navionics charts
- Sounder/Radar/ autopilot/ speed/ compass sensors
- Stand Alone Sounder Display
- Raymarine P70 Auto Pilot Display
- Raymarine Ray49E VHF Marine Radio
Other stand out features are:
- Remote Spotlight
- Bennett Trim Tabs with linear display
- Muir remote windlass control and chain counter
- Exalto Windscreen wipers with FW wash
- Response Display and engine room camera
- Ultraflex hydraulic power steering
- Side power Bow Thruster control
- All Yanmar displays
- Adjustable leather helm seat and side access door
- Barometer and ships clock
- General Remarks
- Spliced mooring lines x 4, Fenders with spliced lines x 3, Emergency tiller gear, International Inter Protect Primer system for underwater, International Micron Extra black anti fouling × 2 coats, Black boot stripe, Owner's Manual.
Disclaimer: Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure the accuracy of information provided, details are intended as a general guide to the vessel and its contents. Details are supplied by sellers and the accuracy of those details cannot be guaranteed by Vicsail.