Supremely well built racer/cruiser.
Designed by FRERS as a “racer/cruiser”, built in the “bespoke” CNB yard of Beneteau yachts where quality and attention to detail were paramount, plus with lines akin to a SWAN, this magnificent FIRST 51 foot yacht has stood the test of time with an appeal many current designs would envy.
French Connection was purchased by the current owner in 1998 and has been lovingly cared for ever since. She is slipped annually and the motor whilst original, runs smoothly and is a testament to the owners level of care. A recent condition report is available for inspection.
The standard of timber work down below is far superior to modern production yachts and recent new coverings on the seating gives the cabins a light and airy feel. The sail wardrobe is in good condition and comprehensive.
French Connection has just been slipped and had new anti-foul, polished topsides and a good spring clean and is ready to go.
Huge price reduction to meet the market.
For more information about this great yacht please contact Bill on 0417114372
5 Reasons to buy this boat
- Fast and comfortable cruiser.
- Competitive racer.
- Good sail wardrobe.
- Very solid construction.
- Recent survey available.
|Year of build||1987|
- Reference Number
- French Connection
- First 51
- Hull Material
- GRP Airex cored above waterline and Solid fiberglass below waterline
- Geelong, Victoria, Australia.
- 25 Eastern Beach Rd, Geelong VIC 3220, Australia
- Vessel Name
- French Connection
- Launch Year
- Deck Material
- Moulded GRP with end-grained Balsa core and solid GRP in high load areas
- Keel / balast
- Shoal draft with fins.
- German Frers
- Beneteau, France
- Registration Number
- Registration Expiry
- Engine Make
- Perkins 4.236 82hp
The Perkins 82hp is is the original but has been methodically serviced every year by the current owner who purchased the vessel in 1998.
- No of Engines
- Engine Hours
- 950 (after rebuild in 2008)
- Eecond Engine Hours
- Fuel Capacity
- Fuel Consumption
- Fuel Type
- Maximun Speed
- 2 Blade folding prop on shaft.
- French Connection has twin wheels giving easy access to the transom. A spacious and well laid out cockpit gives good protection aided by a companionway dodger.
- Deck Gear
- 10 lewmar winches. 6 in the cockpit and 4 at the base of the mast.
- Ground Tackle
- 2 plow anchors with chain and warps. Muir anchor winch with deck mounted control.
- Boom cover. Cover for Bimini when folded back. Hatchway dodger.
- A large, spacious main cabin features seating areas on both sides, a large 'L' shaped galley and a very sea-friendly nav station. Forward are 2 twin berths and these both lead into a impressive enclosed head and shower. To the rear in the owners cabin with ample storage and access to the second head. There is also an entrance to this off the main cabin.
- 8. 1 double to rear, 4 singles forward and 2 further singles in the main cabin.
- Air Conditioning
- Sony radio and CD player with 10 disk cd changer, 2 internal speakers and 2 external. TV in main cabin.
- The boat features a large 'L' shaped galley with large pantry to the rear. Two double S/S sinks and complimented by ample work space and storage.
- Very large electric Fridge with top access.
- 3 burner gas oven with grill.
- Water Capacity
- 600l in 5 tanks.
- Water Maker
- Hot Water System
- H and C pressurised.
- Safety Gear
- As well as the items listed below the vessel features a Burke retriever float and horseshoe ring.
- Bilge Pumps
- 2 manual and 1 electric.
- Life Raft
- Life Jacket
- Standard flare kit.
- Fire Protection
- 4 fire extinguisher and fire blanket in galley.
- Shore power system. 1 engine start battery and 2 house batteries.
- Raymarine wind,depth and speed instruments on starboard cockpit bulkhead. Raymarine ST7000 autohelm, ST80 wind and Multi displays on port cockpit bulkhead .VHF and HF radios dedicated Acer laptop tethered to nav system. Raymarine C70 chart plotter at Nav station. Furuno 1700 Radar at Nav station.
- Sail Inventory
- The list of sails in comprehensive and are as follows. No 2 Dacron headsail (2017) in excellent condition. No 4 Dacron headsail in good condition. Dacron mainsail ( 2013) in good condition. 1 asymmetric and 3 symmetrical spinnakers along with their associated running gear. There is also an older No 2 headsail and a older no 3. Also a set of storm sails.
- Mast Rigging
- The boat features a keel stepped aluminium mast with 3 spreaders. The rigging is S/S Dyform and includes a inner forestay, backstay and running back stays. The Backstay and Vang are hydraulic and controlled from a panel behind the twin wheels. The boat has 2 aluminium spinnaker poles and a aluminium jockey pole.
- General Remarks
- ships clock and barometer.
Disclaimer: Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure the accuracy of information provided, details are intended as a general guide to the vessel and its contents. Details are supplied by sellers and the accuracy of those details cannot be guaranteed by Vicsail.