2009 Summit King 40 "CheckMate"
The King 40 designed by Mark Mills has been one of the most successful IRC designed boats around the World for over 10 years, and these boats continue to win!
CheckMate is a superb example of this proven IRC racer/cruiser (sistership to King 40’s Soozal and Blitz), and has had a great winning streak in the competitive Western Australian yacht racing fleet, winning many offshore races and the IRC State Championship in 2019. When not racing, CheckMate has been a beautiful family sailing yacht with great cruising interior. The best of both worlds!
She is Professionally maintained, race ready in CAT 2 safety specification and an IRC rating of 1.107 so should be a winner anywhere!
5 Reasons to buy this boat
- IRC State Championship winner 2019
- CAT 2 safety specification and an IRC rating of 1.107
- Extensive and exceptional sail inventory
- Major mast overhaul 2021
- Carbon fibre boom, carbon retractable bowsprit
|Type:||Summit King 40|
- Reference Number
- Check Mate
- Summit King
- Hull Material
- Composite GRP/Epoxy
- Fremantle, W.A.
- Vessel Name
- Launch Year
- 6,985. tonne
- Deck Material
- Composite GRP/Epoxy with aluminium web frame supporting keel & mast
- Keel / balast
- Bolted cast iron fin with lead bulb
- Mark Mills
- King Marine
- Registration Number
Yanmar 3JH4E 3-cylinder 40hp diesel engine with SD-50 Sail drive
- No of Engines
- 40 hse
- Fuel Capacity
- 1 x 100L aluminium tank
- Fuel Type
- Bronze geared 2 blade folding type
- White gel coat finished deck, cockpit seats and coach roof with non-skid paint. Stainless steel stanchions, pullpit and pushpits and ergonomic deck layout.
2 x Harken 44, 2 speed/ self-tailing halyard winches
2 x Harken 48, 2 speed/ self-tailing primary winches
2 x Harken 44, 2 speed/ self-tailing main sheet winches
- Deck Gear
- Mostly Harken deck fitout including main and jib racks/ cars, tackle and turning blocks etc
- Ground Tackle
- 2 x anchors with warps, meeting Cat 2 Safety standards
- 1 x Boom tent, 2 x wheel covers 1 x lazy cradle for cruising setup, with lazy jacks
- The interior accommodation of the King 40 is designed to be functional whilst racing, but comfortable to cruise. Timber joinery coupled with white molded finishes provide a modern, warm feeling that is easy to maintain and looks great. Accommodation consists of a forward cabin with "V" berth followed by enclosed head to starboard with Jabsco manual toilet, sink and storage. Hanging locker to port.
Moving aft the Main cabin features settee both sides that convert to sea-berths forward, followed by navigation station to port and "L" shaped galley to starboard. The vessel is further fitted with double quarter berths down both sides aft.
The main saloon is light, well ventilated, has comfortable seating and removable dinning table. To port is the navigation station with seat, good storage and all electronics well laid out for use. Note all bunk and settee cushions recovered in 2019, in excellent condition.
- Sony stereo New 2020 with marine Cockpit and interior speakers
- The "L" shaped galley to starboard has good storage and bench space. Features include; double Stainless Steel sinks, Pressurized hot/cold fresh water, Princess two burner gas stove with oven.
- Waeco 12-volt
- Princess two burner gas stove
- Water Capacity
- 2 x 100L bladder type
- Safety Gear
- All cat 2 Safety gear minus a Life raft and HF radio. To be audited at time of survey.
- 12V electric system fitted with 2 x House batteries and 1 x engine start.
All have isolation switches and charged from engine Alternator.
Also fitted is Projecta Intelli-wave 600w Puresine inverter for 220V outlets onboard
NOTE: All electrical wire in mast and aerial cable replaced 2021
- All navigation instruments onboard are B&G.
H3000 instrument package with usual inputs (paddle wheel speed, compass, GPS, wind data from vertical carbon wand etc) with 2 x multi function displays in cockpit and 4 x 20/20 displays in bracket on the mast
New B&G Zeus Chart plotter in navigation station.
Coursemaster CM85i auto pilot
Simrad Class B A.I.S. installed 2022
Icom VFH Marine IC-M505
- Sail Inventory
- CheckMate is presently owned by a Sail maker in Perth, hence the sail inventory on this yacht is exceptional. 17 sails inc; Mainsails, Jibs, Spinnakers, Code Zero and Stay sail. Please enquire for itemised list.
- Mast Rigging
- CheckMate has a King composite, carbon fibre double swept back spreader fractional mast with tuff luff head sail luff groove fitted to forestay. The mast had a major overhaul in 2021 which included new Stainless Steel D1 rod standing rigging, all new running rigging, plus the mast was re-painted and rewired. An internal mast jack was also installed in 2021 for better performance. The boat is also fitted with a carbon fibre boom with internal reefing, carbon retractable bowsprit and a smaller, fixed bowsprit with bobstay for Code 0 and jib top. The hydraulic backstay ram is controlled via DC power pack and buttons each off the cockpit near helmsman and mainsheet trimmer.
- General Remarks
- Twin spare wheels, 1 x Dehumidifier, 1 x Boom tent, 2 x wheel covers, 1 x lazy cradle for cruising setup, with lazy jacks
Mast jacks and hydraulic pump with shims, all running gear (sheets and halyards) have spares, Gas certified to Western Australia standards gas Cert No E286929
Mooring lines, fenders etc
Disclaimer: Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure the accuracy of information provided, details are intended as a general guide to the vessel and its contents. Details are supplied by sellers and the accuracy of those details cannot be guaranteed by Vicsail.