MBD Pacific 50' Custom
Samarkand is from the design studio of Iain Murray & Andrew Dovell, she is a light displacement cruiser/racer featuring a clean and efficient deck and luxurious interior.
With just one owner since new she has been meticulously maintained and upgraded and continues to be competitive in IRC racing.
Originally launched in 2001 with a triple spreader aluminium mast she was upgraded in 2012 with a twin spreader carbon fibre mast.
She then participated for two years in the CYCA’s Ocean Points Score series and in 2018 she was further upgraded with a new keel designed by Andrew Dovell.
Samarkan is a great option for cruising around, and fun regattas.
5 Reasons to buy this boat
- Iain Murray & Andrew Dovell design
- Twin spreader Carbon fibre mast fitted in 2012
- Fin keel in Bis-Alloy 80 steel & lead bulb (new in 2018)
- Volvo Penta Diesel MD22P 59HP (cruising speed 7,5 knots)
- Spacious and well appointed interior complemented with leather upholstery
|Type:||MBD Pacific 50 Custom Cruiser / Racer|
|Designer:||Murray & Burns & Dovell|
|Builder:||Dave Griffin/ Vigormax Malaysia|
- MBD Pacific
- 50 Custom Cruiser / Racer
- Hull Material
- Balsa cored vinylester
- Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Vessel Name
- Launch Year
- Keel / balast
- Fin keel in Bis-Alloy 80 steel & lead bulb (new in 2018)
- Murray & Burns & Dovell
- Dave Griffin/ Vigormax Malaysia
- Registration Number
- Engine Make
- Volvo Penta
Volvo Penta Diesel MD22P 59HP (cruising speed 7,5 knots)
- No of Engines
- Fuel Capacity
- 230 L stainless steel tank
- Fuel Type
- 3 blade folding propeller
- Deck Gear:
- Factory Reinforced Trogear 50 bowsprit (removable)
- Stainless steel bow roller (removable)
- Forward pad-eye for kickers and spinnaker staysail
- Harken jib tracks with adjustable jib sheet cars (control lines returning to cockpit)
- 4 x Garmin GNX 130 jumbos mounted at the mast
- 6 x pad eyes located along each gunwale from push-pit to stanchion bases
- Barber Haul system (single line control)
- 3 x Spinlock XXA Powerclutch jammers
- 2 x Spinlock XXB Powerclutch jammers
- 5 x Lewmar jammers
- 2 x Lewmar 48 Ocean Series winches with speed rings
- Removable spray dodger
- 2 x Lewmar Evo Series 65 jib primary winches
- 2 x Lewmar Ocean Series 54 mainsheet winches (oneis electric powered)
- Lewmar mainsheet traveller with 5:1 traveller car system
- Fleet Hydrol hydraulic control panel for vang and backstay
- Permanently mounted Harken brace blocks
- 4 x alloy mooring cleats
- 4 x Lewmar ventilation hatches
- 4 x Lewmar opening cabin windows, 2 fixed windows
- 4 x Lewmar opening portlights (2 in each aft cabin)
- Ground Tackle
- 25kg CQR and Danforth anchors, chain and warp to meet CAT 2/3 safety plus cruising chain and warp.
- Samarkand has a sumptuous layout with beautifully laminated timbers in cherrywood finish complemented with leather upholstery. The interior is spacious and well appointed.
All lighting is LED with switchable red/white lights in all cabins and the heads.
- Forward Cabin: Twin berth with split upholstered mattress and centre lee cloth. Ensuite forward head with manual Jabsco marine toilet, shower, s/s basin, 2 x cupboards. Storage includes hanging cupboard, 3 drawers & 2 storage bins beneath seats. Very spacious and comfortable.Aft cabins: Twin berths with separate individual upholstered mattresses with dividing lee cloth. Storage shelf alongside the beds. Hanging cupboard and storage bin beneath built in seat.
- Stainless steel basin with flick-mixer tap, shower, 2 x overhead cupboards, 1 cupboard below sink.
- Kenwood stereo: 2 speakers in cockpit and 2 in the saloon
- Located in the centre of the boat with the saloon and dining space. Including:
- Broadwater Marine LPG stove, two burner with oven
- Waeco refrigeration
- Twin bowl stainless steel sink with flick mixer freshwater tap
- Under sink cupboard, two small storage units at foot level
- Water Capacity
- Hot Water System
- Stainless-steel hot water system and tank with 240v shore power and engine heating
- Safety Gear
- Currently CAT 3 safety for 7 crew, audit to be completed at survey to confirm equipment for sale
- 12V electrical system with Lithium house batteries and a single AGM engine start battery. The 12v circuit breaker switch panel is located in the navigation station to control all items onboard. House Batteries where load tested in June 2021 and where deemed fit for purpose.
- B&G Vulvan 9” chart – plotter
- Icom M-604 VHF marine radio
- Icom M-801E HF marine radio (backstay aerial & earth are not connected)
- 2 x Plastimo Olympic 135 compasses mounted at helm positions
- 2 x Garmin GMI 20 displays
- Garmin GNX keypad
- B&G Triton 2 autopilot head unit
- B&G Instruments processor with usual inputs
- Sail Inventory
- Sails: The sail plan is race focused, but the boat can be readily converted to a short-hand cruising set up with a self-tacking jib track custom built for the boat.
Main Doyle – 2017 good condition and shape
J1 Doyle – delivered Nov 2021. Used only once.
J2 Doyle – Aug 2017 good condition & shape
J3 Doyle – 2018 very good condition & shape
J4 Doyle MacDiarmid - 2004 good condition panelled sail, re cut in 2018
Code Zero Doyle – 2019 excellent condition and shape
A2 Doyle – Sept. 2017 (SK 130, SK90 and SK75) very good condition & shape.
S2 Doyle – excellent condition & shape.
S4 Unbranded*- 2020 excellent condition and shape
Spinnaker Staysail Norths – very good condition & shape.
Drifter Norths – good condition & shape.
Stormsail and Trysail – Doyle MacDiarmid – excellent condition.
Norths 3DL Main with taffeta – very good condition & shape
J2 Norths 2012 – good shape but close to end of life
Dacron Jib 2004 – will work with a furling headfoil, good shape
Fractional MacDiarmid A3 – 2007 cruising sail - reasonable condition & shape
- Mast Rigging
- Mast/ Rigging: Twin swept-back spreader carbon fibre mast (out of boat service by Sydney Rigging & re-paint in 2019) All new stainless steel rod rigging – 2018 In mast hydraulic ram with separate hydraulic pump, fully serviced in 2019 Aluminium boom repainted 2019 Fleet Hydrol hydraulic backstay & vang rams, regularly serviced (dump valves at helms) Running Rigging: All halyards and tack lines are moused out and stowed below 3 new halyards installed in 2021. Main halyard serviced & re-tipped in 2020. All other halyards are in good serviceable condition New jib and spinnaker sheets in 2021 4 x removable Harken turning blocks for spinnaker/outboard sheets 1 x Ronstan snatch-block
Disclaimer: Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure the accuracy of information provided, details are intended as a general guide to the vessel and its contents. Details are supplied by sellers and the accuracy of those details cannot be guaranteed by Vicsail.