1979 Talisman 37 by Challanger Yachts
Challenger Yachts, Rebuilt in 2004 in Port Townsend, Washington, USA. New motor and rigging 2011.
Built tough the old way this superbly crafted hand laid solid GRP world pilot house cruiser will get you anywhere you would like to go. Only the 3rd owner since new, this yacht has loads of charm and is safe as houses when offshore.
There are 17 brass port holes and hatches to keep you cool if you plan on sailing to the tropics. The large usable cockpit is safe and comfortable for live aboard cruisers. There is also a 10-year-old 4-cylinder Yanmar that will go forever.
Loads of gear and this is really a turnkey yacht ready to sail off into the sunset, all that is missing is you.
5 Reasons to buy this boat
- New motor and rigging 2011
- 3rd owner since new
- Electric anchor winch
- Dinghy with 5hp outboard
- Loads of gear and this is really a turnkey yacht
- Reference Number
- Challenger Yachts
- Hull Material
- Sydney, Australia
- Sydney NSW, Australia
- Launch Year
- Deck Material
- Challenger Yachts
- Engine Make
- Yanmar 4JH5D-CE 54hp diesel engine
Yanmar 4jh5e diesel shaft drive.
- Fuel Capacity
- Fuel Type
- 3yo 4 blade propeller
- Spreader lights, cockpit light, Teak cockpit table, cockpit cushions.
- Inflatable 2.6m aluminium floor, 5hp Tohatsu 3yo outboard. Stainless Steel folding davits.
- 5hp Tohatsu 3yo outboard
- Ground Tackle
- Electric anchor winch, 100 metres 5/16 chain, 44# Bruce anchor, 44# Dan forth, Fortress anchor, 2 x separate anchor rodes of 100' chain/nylon rope combo, 200' warp as back up.
- Good quality boom cover and lazy Jacks. A unique hard top dodger and extended awning for sun protection over the cockpit, also with clears.
- Pilot berth, dinette berth, V-berth, all with high density foam and the v berth with memory foam, lots of opening ports, 3 opening hatches. A shower and head just fwd. of saloon on port enclosed manual pump out toilet.
- iPod link to stereo with remote and 6 speakers
- LPG 4 burner force 10 stove with grill & oven, twin bowl stainless steel sink, pressure water, 3x 210-amp hour near new Full River house batteries, water maker, saltwater foot pump, spice cabinet, BBQ, pots
and pans to suit a chef.
- Fridge and separate freezer
- LPG 4 burner force 10 stove with grill & oven
- Water Capacity
- Safety Gear
- EPIRB/GPS, grab bag, Bolt cutters, sledgehammer, Axe, soft wood plugs, Flares, Flare gun, 2 inflatable life jackets, 3 x harness, 4 x life jackets, 2 x electric bilge pumps, 2 x manual bilge pumps, sea drogue with 300' warp and bridle. ALL SAFETY GEAR TO BE AUDITED AT TIME OF SURVEY.
- Link 10 battery monitor, 750w inverter, new 40-amp battery charger, Icon SSB radio with email and DSC capability, ICOM 502 VHF with remote station/mic and DSC capability, Icom portable handheld, 4 x solar panels 160w total. 12-month-old wind generator.
- GPS chart plotter, Raytheon St 60 wind, speed, log, depth. Raytheon auto pilot with remote handheld depth sounder, electric air horn, Spotlight, iPod link to stereo with remote and 6 speakers, 7 cabin fans and LED lighting throughout.
- Sail Inventory
- Mainsail, fully battened with hand sewn grommets a true work of art. (By Carol Hasse) furling headsail and spinnaker.
- Mast Rigging
- The mast and rigging are just 3 years old, 5 x winches (3 x self-tailing). All sail control lines including reef linescome back to cockpit, new Profurl headsail Furler and forestay.
Disclaimer: Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure the accuracy of information provided, details are intended as a general guide to the vessel and its contents. Details are supplied by sellers and the accuracy of those details cannot be guaranteed by Vicsail.