Australian built classic from the worlds' most renown designer
Caraid is an exceptionally crafted classic yacht with impeccable pedigree. Lovingly restored and maintained, this 1928 Australian built yacht was designed by William Fife and built by Morrison and Sinclair in Sydney.
The spectacular interior has inlaid contrasting timbers of cedar, teak, silver ash and blackwood, which helped earn Caraid the peoples choice award for the best looking boat at the inaugural Wooden boat festival. In fact, Caraid has won at the wooden boat festival 3 times.
She comes with an original leather bound logbook with gold embossed pages that has been signed by dignitaries, dated as far back as 1930’s
It is impossible to describe this boat with words or pictures. She really must be seen and experienced. The current owner fell in love with her when he was just 12, eventually buying her later in life and fully restoring her. She will be a lifelong passion for whoever becomes the next custodian
5 Reasons to buy this boat
- William Fife classic yacht
- 3 time winner at the wooden boat festival
- Exquisite timberwork throughout
- Australian built Morrison and Sinclair, Balmain
- Full, single lenght Kauri planks
|Make and Model||48 ft Classsic Sloop 1928|
|Designer||William Fife (UK)|
|Built||Morrison and Sinclair (Balmain, Sydney)|
- Reference Number
- Classic Sloop
- Hull Material
- Timber Single Length NZ Kauri Planks (48' long). Bow to Keel is Burmese Teak
- Vessel Name
- Caraid 3
- Launch Year
- 11' 3"
- 6' 3"
- 12000 Kg
- Deck Material
- Burmese Teak
- William Fife
- Morrison and Sinclair
- Registration Number
Brand New Beta 50 Hp as yet with zero hours
- Fuel Capacity
- 96 l
- Fuel Type
- 3 blade stainless steel folding propellor
- Barlow Stainless Steel winches (Self Tailing) 7 Deck and 3 Mast.
Stanchions are designed to be easily removed when an original clean deck look is required.
- Ground Tackle
- Electric deck anchor winch
- 8 berth
- The galley is basic but beautiful. There is 12 v refrigeration and a 2 burner metho stove.
- Safety Gear
- Life rings, danbuoy, lifejackets
- Bilge Pumps
- 2 electric, 3 manual
- 2v Electrics throughout
Boat was rewired in 2014
3 Batteries (2 Service, 1 Engine)
- B&G Electronics incorporating Depth, Speed, Wind
Navman GPS Plotter with VIC and TAS maps
VHF and SSB Radios
- Sail Inventory
- Complete Sail inventory and Spares including
Mainsails, Headsails, Spinnakers and Storm Sails
- Mast Rigging
- Sparcraft Aluminium 2 Spreader Mast and Boom Aluminium Spinnaker Pole Additional Carbon Fibre Spinnaker Pole Stainless Steel Wire Rigging replaced in 2012
Disclaimer: Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure the accuracy of information provided, details are intended as a general guide to the vessel and its contents. Details are supplied by sellers and the accuracy of those details cannot be guaranteed by Vicsail.